Monday, March 10, 2014

Motivation Monday

Yesterday was all about belief and today, just because it rhymes, I want to write about motivation! (Motivational Monday, that sounds like a fun recurring series!).

Mondays for the most part throughout my school and college career were rough. The start of the new week was making sure that all my homework assigned on Friday was turned in within the first five minutes of the start of the class. Most days, I dreaded going back to the same old routine.

Now, it's not all the same (when you work mainly weekends, Monday is like the end) but it's the beginning of something new. In a way, I've made it something to look forward to, not something to dread.

What is it that motivates me every Monday? It's the desire to be closer to my goals than yesterday. I always try and incorporate two or more goals per day in my daily routines. Sometimes I'll be tempted to eat out, and I'll try to encourage myself to have a no spend day and stick to my monthly budget. Other times, it's the motivation to sit down and read a few pages of my book, or work on my current knitting project.

I have to wonder what motivates people in life, other than money? What really gets you going? Is it seeing injustice in the world, or around the block? Is it knowing that your workplace or perhaps your peers can be better than they are?

 It's hard to keep on going, day in and day out, and think that things can't get better. But the people who have inspired me the most in life are the ones who had seemingly limitless amounts of motivation, not from external sources only, but from internal. They always found a way to keep on going, getting through every Monday that appeared before them, whether they had their homework done or not. Usually it was due to wanting to do better, knowing that all the resources were there for the taking.

So, my hope is that others find motivation every Monday to get one step closer to their ideal life.

Who or what gives you motivation in life? 

3 comments:

  1. I think I have an intrinsic motivation to do a good job, yes, I lose motivation at times, but when I see things marked off my to do list each day, it motivates me even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checklists are a great way to keep track of everyday things for me. My only issue I tend to misplace them more often than not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn how to develop a positive attitude in easy steps. CORE9 helps you to Developing a Winning Attitude in the workplace and social life.

    ReplyDelete