Tuesday, September 17, 2013

End of the Year Goals...

As the fall starts to roll in and the last quarter of the year begins to unfurl, I wonder what goals are important to keep in mind these next few months. Especially during the holiday season, it's so important to maintain focus, when the world around us could be falling apart due to all of the "necessary" obligations. Remember, it's not all necessary!

So, I sat down and thought about a few things that I want accomplish these next few months:

BUYING A CAR! So, this is something I've really considered. With this winter predicted to be the worst in years and my lack of ability to generate any body heat, it's almost imperative that I buy a car to get me to and from work on the worst of days. It's a move I'm making after lots of thinking about the positives and negatives (mainly the money drain it will be) but will be beneficial towards keeping me safe and providing me more time to focus on other things in my life. If you remember, my bus trip is about 1 to 1.5 hours on a normal day when by car I could be there in 20 to 30 minutes. It'll cut into some of my reading time, but hopefully it'll open up time for side hustles and sanity.

Continue making extra payments: I've been focusing on making an extra $200 payment each month to help speed up my student loan debt payoff. However, after the back to school blitz, the restaurant is back into dead zone mode. That means I'll definitely have to make sure I'm paying all my important bills first and really setting aside this extra payment. Maybe even scrounging around for loose coins...

Not feel so guilty about everything: It's been a habit of mine to feel guilty about purchasing anything now in days. Take for example before or after work, I'd usually get a snack at the restaurant I work, which after discount, would be under $3. I'd be thinking the whole time, these 3 whole dollars could be going towards my student loans or be a billion dollars after 40 years in a high interest account (not really... but you get the idea) instead of actually enjoying the food. My bf finally forced me to think about how what I was doing to myself wasn't healthy at all and that it's best if I think of it as an investment in my day. After a long shift and at least an hour commute ahead of me, the least I can do is make sure I don't pass out on the bus ride home and have my money stolen. He was right, and even though I have tried packing snacks in my bag, it doesn't do the trick like an actual meal. And that's okay, sometimes your body is worth that small amount. And that's why I have a large snack budget, for these extra snacks that I know I need to have.

What are some of your goals you have for the end of 2013 besides keeping your sanity through the holiday season?




P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts for awhile. I had been working quite a few days in a row, and had been feeling under the weather, but like always, pushed myself to keep going. Found out I had an infection and took some time away to get better! Now that I'm all better, I can focus on the things I enjoy doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment