Sunday, August 23, 2015

Saturday Review 2...A Day Late

You know what's even worse than knowing your getting sick...being sick over the weekend, knowing that a long week is ahead of you...

Oh well, so is life, but at least I can take this Sunday to relax like I've needed to and catch up on a few projects around the house. I'm one of those type of people that NEEDS to be up and around even if they have a fever and are using a box of tissues every other hour.

So onto everyone's favorite part!

This past week in expenses

Wine: $15 Pretty good for two bottles for the week. I'm happy with this
Food Out: $50 Hmm, Thursday was a big non cook day as you can see...
Snacks: $15 Pretty good as well considering they closed down my favorite spot to get an after work drink... Perhaps this will help cut down this expense!
Meds: $10 To help along the healing process! They definitely helped me get through work Saturday morning!

Total: $90 Not too bad extraneous spending! Definitely better than last week!

This week I also got my car refinanced, which turned out to be a longer than expected process, but will end up saving me about $40 a month! Woohoo! More money for student loans! 


One thing I really need to get doing is instead of tracking what I bought is focus on making sure I stick to my budget. I'm usually under most categories but there are times I could honestly do better. Perhaps I need to go back to using cash only for the rest of the year...

Around the web:

Living On a Bus? Could you imagine that? Even begin to? It's something that I have always thought of and probably would like to do after having kids and entering retirement age. Just travel wherever and whenever. But this place is definitely not your bus from school days.  It makes my toes tingle and my imagination run wild.

Over at Rockstar Finance Mr.1500 talks about his 1M and how he go there. This is inspiring (at least for me who is still working on that route) about how hard work, being frugal and determination can bring whatever it is you want and right to your doorstep.

As for this coming week, it will be busy at work and that means a lot less energy, but hopefully a lot more money!!! I also got a few books from the library and will try to stick to reading on a set schedule instead of binging right before they are due.

What are you looking forward to this coming week? Any new things you want to try out before the end of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment