Monday, February 23, 2015

That Time I Got Tricked...

Last week was a long and tedious week at work, which caused many tempers to flair. But what really set it off right was the oil change.

Yes, the car was due for an oil change and being the frugal one had a coupon and went to the location (which shall remain unnamed) early in the morning. My goal was to be able to get out in under an hour and give myself enough time for a bigger breakfast and some tidying up before heading off to a long day of work.

At first everything seemed to be going okay, they accepted the coupon and told me it would be only a small while. I sat down with my book, across from an older couple and then the wait began...

After an hour I went up to them and asked, how much longer and they said shortly, of course, everything will be finished...

And then it became an hour and a half...


And as we approached two hours my patience was for the most part worn thin.



After multiple times of pestering that I had to get going only then did they tell me they were done and the total.

$62.42.

Yes, I told them that this was too much and I had asked for a conventional oil change. Was I upset yes, but after two hours and only enough time to get to work without a minute to spare, there was nothing I could do but pay and leave fuming.

It makes me upset that my budgeted amount was totally ruined and they clearly took advantage of me and a new car. Honestly, it's a lesson learned which means from now on, the boyfriend will be coming with me to all future car appointments.



Have you ever had a frustrating experience that you write off as a lesson learned? 

1 comment:

  1. Yep. When I was a young soldier, years ago, I got ripped off - an exorbitant interest rate - on some electronic equipment. Definitely a lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete