Saturday, January 25, 2014

What Does It All Mean?

January is all about starting anew. Some of the questions I've been asking myself are what does it mean to be frugal, a minimalist, a personal finance blogger.

What does it mean to be frugal? For me, it's about spending my money wisely on the things that are truly important to me. My budget is not there for show and tell, but to be put to actual use. To weed out all those fake needs that the world says make a person happy. It allows me to live the life I want to, but also to save for the future I don't know about.

What does it mean to be a minimalist? For me, it's about choosing the things I want in my home to serve a purpose. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to the point where everything is not only useful but also beautiful, but I know with some time and effort, I'll slowly replace the utilitarian aspects with those that are a blend of the bf and I's style. It's being able to focus on the home aspect, and not all the clutter that can accumulate. To spend time doing things we enjoy in a place we love.

What does it mean to be a personal finance blogger? Not only is it to share, my experiences and my thoughts, but to open myself up to a large and wonderful community. To not only hear feedback, but also to obtain support along this journey of becoming debt free.


It's important for me, and possibly for you, to ask these questions every now and then. It helps me re-evaluate what my priorities in life are and why I do them on an everyday basis. These were the first three that came to my mind because they are a bit against the grain to most people in my everyday life. So, these are the ones that I keep thinking and reaffirming.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes living frugally is hard because I just want to go out and spend. I want to spend and not worry about the consequences. But I know that we are setting our foundation for our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! It's knowing that something better will be waiting for you at the end of the journey. But I like thinking of vacations as pit-stops also, just so I know that I'm enjoying the journey.

    ReplyDelete