Friday, July 5, 2013

It always seems...

that the minute you go and start to do something, the most necessary thing you need has disappeared from right under you. Yup, you guessed correctly, the laptop was it. Luckily, against my ex-bf's thoughts, I had purchased the extended warranty and the issues should be covered. However, the week to two that it will take seems to be dragging right along and when you are sharing a laptop, it becomes a bit more of a tug of war than ever before...

Apart from enjoying the holiday somewhat laptop free, I ended up finishing a few books that I had started reading quite awhile back (including a PF book which I'll review) and doing a much needed thorough cleaning of the living spaces. Yay for clean and clutter free! While cleaning though, I was thinking of a few goals for July and here's what popped into my brain:



To start off for July, I definitely, and I really mean it, need to focus on not spending anymore money on clothes. Between finding a discount store, buying a vintage purse and taking advantage of a few sales around the mall to update my 8+ year old summer wardrobe (and yes, there are probably clothes that I have worn since middle school in the mix, a bit scary to think about it) my clothes budget is a bit overextended at this moment. It's not that clothes are bad, no they are truly wonderful inventions, but they can definitely destroy a girl's budget if you aren't careful.

Second, focusing on the vegetable patch. It's been pretty rainy these days, and it always seems to rain when I'm not at work and do have the time to weed and spread a bit more compost. Within the next few weeks (we started much later than we had planned, but so is life) there should be a few things ready for the picking,

And third, continue networking to find a mentally fulfilling job. It's something I'll definitely blog about later, but I am definitely NOT, in the field in which I studied for 4+ years. It's been extremely difficult these past few months getting interviews along with any type of job offer. The current job I'm in is actually a really great side gig and something I will continue once a FT job is secured. Let's hope that this is my month!

For those of you who made this a long weekend (lucky!) continue enjoying your holidays and hope your July 4th was great!

What are your goals for this month, including fun stuff (which I never do, jk)? Also, have you ever been in a position of being underemployed for an extended period of time? How did you handle it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment