Wednesday, October 15, 2014

So, I Bought A...

Car!

Yes, you read that right! This PFer bought a car and not one from Craigslist either!

If this is hurting your brain please turn away now because it isn't going to get any better.

With winter coming and the realization that with a vehicle of some sort, getting from my current job not only would become easier but also finding another position would be much more successful, I decided to put all my savings into a depreciating asset.

Looking online, there was a great deal for what looked like an awesome car. It ended up being sold, and thus my heart broken, but along came another car with another amazing deal. With a lot of persuasion from many sides, a sold sticker was put on with my name! And with lots of paperwork and lots of signatures, I drove it away and have been driving it ever since.

What have been the benefits as of late? TIME! And I really mean that. Not having to spend hours of my time on the bus anymore has given me a freedom to pursue other activities as well as devote more hours to finding a job in my field. No longer am I just reading, but I'm up and about, reconnecting with old friends and finding new ones at that.

Even though I look at having a nice vehicle as a luxury, I've been starting to see it more as a necessity for a professional person. Unless you live in a city or area with great public transportation, the majority of people cannot depend on undependable and often late buses.It makes life that much more stressful and time-consuming.

Nevertheless, what's done is done, and my getting out of debt journey has become a bit harder. Luckily, my rather large down payment definitely put me on a better footing than most. So from now on, there will be gas and any random repairs that the world has waiting for me. In the next part of this I bought A... there will be lots of numbers along with how I'm planning on paying it off early!






Have you ever made a stupid and irrational decision such as this? 

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will be able to take on more hustles with a car! I know I'm limited at times without a car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I probably won't hustle more, but I've definitely been giving myself a lot more time for the job hunt!

      Delete